Native Plants Garden
- Koa Pickering, Landscape Architect, SF DPW.
- Marvin Yee, Project Manager, SF RecPark.
- Fran Martin, Design Coordinator for Visitacion Valley Greenway.
- Jim Growden designer for steel plate insets depicting native flora and fauna.
- Jim Growden and Fran Martin, Designers for entry gates and weir walls.
The northernmost Visitacion Valley Greenway park is the Native Plant Garden. In 2008 construction was completed on this spectacular site, which is devoted to native plants and environmental education. The California Academy of Science was instrumental in the design and selection of plant materials for this site on Tioga Avenue. The site is 200' long with a 40' drop, and a lovely winding pathways. As well as a showcase for the efficacy and beauty of a native plant garden for the general public to duplicate in their own backyards, the garden is a habitat for local wildlife and pollinators, such as bees, butterflies, insects and birds.